Thursday, December 1, 2016

Finding Your Rest In Jesus

Hey all!

     As I was thinking about writing a new post, I wasn't sure what to write about. I was too exhausted from my day to think anymore than I had to. So I decided to crawl into bed with my fuzzy robe and laptop to write about finding our true rest in Jesus Christ.
-
-
     I'll be honest: sometimes I learn things as I write these blogs. I don't always know what I'll be writing or I won't have even thought of something this way until I'm halfway through the post. What I'm about to write about came to mind as I logged into my laptop- no joke.
-
-
     Nothing is worse than being absolutely drained, going to bed, and waking up feeling no more awake than before bed. This happens to me more frequently than not.
     What do I do to personally deal with this? Good question. I don't really know how to deal with it, but something I've learned is not to dwell on how tired you are. So straight-forward, yet so hard to do. Personally, when that happens I'm just glad that I'll fall asleep easily- something that isn't normal for me.
-
-
     Something I wanted to talk to you all about is the importance of expecting your rest to come from Jesus.
     So many people think that just laying on the couch, watching a movie, napping, or surfing social media will give them their energy back. During one of my past nights of Bible Study with my guy friends, we kept bringing up how we can't ask God to change us, guide us, or use us and then do nothing to change how we listen for God's call, or actively seeking where He may want you to go.
     In the same way, if you want God to give you peace, you need to do your part. I need to spend genuine time in prayer asking for refreshing rest and energy, spend quiet time dwelling on the goodness of His Word, and not focusing on the world. Really take time to refill your system with God and who He is to you! This is how you will truly find your rest. So next time you find yourself needing to ask God for a boost of His energy during a stressful time, don't ask for energy and never take the time to sit back and listen to God or keep rushing throughout the day.
     Another thing I've found beneficial is doing your best to block negative thoughts about how tired or busy you are. Thank God throughout the day for your opportunities and for never leaving you to go through life alone.
-
-
     This is a little bit shorter post, but like I said, I am very tired this evening. I worked two jobs this morning and afternoon, and a tragic accident happened at the Walmart where I live today. My day has been all over the place and I am very much ready to spend some time in my devotions and crawl under my covers!

     "In the morning when I rise, give me Jesus."
-Give Me Jesus by Jeremy Camp

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith over Fear

Hey all! Welcome back to my blog. It's been a few months, but I've had multiple people encourage me to write a blog post about wha...