Monday, February 20, 2017

Work Fiasco

Welcome back to my blog!

     Tonight has not gone as I had planned. . . I'm not trying to be a spoiled sport or a complainer, but my night at work didn't end up turning out too well. . .
-
-
     I was working this afternoon, and I had to write on a lady's cake for her from the display case. I'm definitely not a pro, and so when I wrote on her cake I did my absolute best as per usual. When her daughter came in to pick it up (an hour and a half later than she said, I might add) she told me I spelled the wrong name. I had written "Jess" after being positive that's what her mom said over the phone. It was a pink cake after all. . . But turns out she said "Jeff". So I scraped off the frosting as best as I could and I fixed my mistake. I asked the daughter if the cake looked okay, she said "yes. thanks." and I apologized again. She assured me it was fine, and she walked out with the cake.
     No big deal, right? I guess not. . .
     Her mom called back an hour or 2 later absolutely furious. Her daughter had told me the cake looked fine, but her mother thought differently. She demanded I reimburse her for the cake or give her another one free. . . I wasn't what to do at this point, because if she thought my cake was "absolutely awful" the first time, she'd think so the second. We didn't have anymore cakes she wanted, and she insisted she needed the cake right now. So I was going to plan on paying her for the cake. . .
     I spent the last hour and a half of work completely panicked for her daughter's return.  . .


She never showed up.


     I normally would've handled that stressful of a situation well, but for some reason this one mistake broke me. I hid in the back of the bakery for a while trying to regain my senses and calm my heart rate down. By the time I was closing the bakery and the daughter hadn't returned, I tried to walk out super quick so I wouldn't run into her. I made it to my car safely  and I drove away with a major load off my shoulders. The lady had bluffed and caused a whole lot of chaos in the bakery.
-
-
     As I write to you all about this, of course a comparison to the Bible comes to mind.
     I made a mistake at work, and when I discovered what I had done all I could do was hide and feel ashamed.
     Sound like some famous married couple in the Bible? Our great great great great great great great.......... grandparents who ate that silly fruit from that silly tree and were ashamed so they hid from God. . .
     Granted, I wasn't hiding from God, nor do I do anything wrong, but I was still embarrassed and upset for what the lady had told me about what I'd done. I hid for a while, hoping I wouldn't have to face her or her daughter.
-
-
     I'm so glad this isn't what we have to do with God. I can mess up again and again, (either knowing I sinned or not knowing) and He will forgive me every time. I don't need to be ashamed by my mistakes, and I don't need to hide from God when I blow it. He loves me anyways.
     When I fail Him, He is faithful and comforts me in my weakness. Even when I mess up more than ever before, I can't even hide from Him. I was very comforted to know that, even though I'll mess up waaaaay more than just one time (like tonight) I never need to hide, run, or worry about God not loving me anymore. When I'm the most broken God wants to love me the most.

"But you love me anyway, it's like nothing in life that I've ever known."
-"You Love Me Anyway" Sidewalk Prophets

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith over Fear

Hey all! Welcome back to my blog. It's been a few months, but I've had multiple people encourage me to write a blog post about wha...