Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Another Year In the Books

Hey all! Welcome back!

     Well, I'm 19 years old now! It feels so strange. I'm almost out of my teen years and I still feel like a little kid. Is adulting something you feel or something you just have to adjust to, because I think I'll always be a little kid at heart!
-
-
     This morning I woke up at my grandma's new house she just moved into, and I felt well rested looking out the window at the quiet street. Having lived in the heart of the country my whole life it was fun to wake up in town for a first.
-
-
     Even though it's my birthday I have plenty of homework to finish yet. My Bible class is coming to a close this week and I have a good-length paper to write by Sunday evening. Thankfully, I had over 5 topics to choose from for my final. I chose the topic of life change: choosing a teaching from Jesus included in the gospel of Matthew, applying it to my life, and then writing about how the change affected my life. I'm 2 whole sentences into this paper, guys! Ha. . . 4 3/4 pages to go!
     After this class finishes this week I've got a new Bible class on developing spiritual disciplines starting up after Spring Break. I'm excited to dive into a whole new Bible class and see what God is going to teach me through the material.
-
-
     In other news I have been officially accepted into my school of choice for this fall! In 5 short months I will be moving to Missouri. . . I'm feeling a mix of nervous and excited emotions at the same time. I'm growing up, moving out, and beginning my new life as an adult taking those steps towards my dream career. Yet, I'm leaving the only place I've ever lived and saying goodbye to everything I've ever known.
     I will be taking a visit to see the school next week over Spring Break, and I'm excited to finally see first-hand where I'll be spending the next few years of my life.
-
-
     As far as music goes, a friend and I have a pretty awesome project that we're planning to release before I move, and I couldn't be more excited.
     One of the most difficult parts of moving into a dorm for me will be having to leave some of my instruments at home and not being able to play them in my spare time. Whenever I have down time or need a break from school I sit down to write or play for 10-30 minutes. I can handle the major down-sizing of the living space and storage, but not having my keyboard or cajon (a box-like drum you sit on) all displayed to sit down and play whenever I feel like it will be an adjustment. Thankfully guitars store in small spaces!
-
-
     Now that I'm beginning another year I've been working on ideas for ways to maximize my time, organize my life, and make the most of the days I've been given.
     I've been involved with multiple women's conferences, and different ministry events. It's been amazing. I absolutely love being involved with all this!
     Just last Saturday I was able to attend the ladies retreat at my church and I was also blessed with the opportunity to lead worship for the ladies there. It couldn't have gone any better- after leading worship at this event I was reminded about why I love leading worship so much. I had been struggling with playing with groups or other people recently, and after this I had been reminded of my love for music and the ultimate reason I lead. I lead worship to see the church pouring out their praise and worship to the Father and King. I saw that at the ladies retreat.
-
-
     While we're on the topic of being reminded of our passions. . . I had been having a difficult time keeping up with blog posts and sharing all the things I do on social media because I had this feeling that I was being annoying and clogging up people's feed. Well yesterday I received a message from one of my friends at work. He wanted to tell me that the article I had just shared on Facebook was exactly what he needed. I needed that message from him. I had started this blog and my youtube channel etc. because I felt like this was something God called me to do; yesterday I was reminded that this is still something He is calling me to do.
-
-
     A few weeks ago I wrote about a young girl from work that I invited to church with me. She did end up coming with me 3 weeks ago and she really enjoyed it! I was so glad that I was able to bring her with me and watch her run into people she knew from school. I do ask for prayers as I don't see her as often now because I've finished training her. I am hoping to invite her back in the future weeks- I didn't want to overwhelm her and make her feel like I was going to make her come back every week.
-
-
     To make the most of my day today I'm going to skip my speech class and spend time with my Grandma, eat a pizza, watch a movie, and work on my paper until my Bible class tonight. Sounds like a good day to me!
-
-
     Have a great day, everyone!

     "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace."
-Numbers 6:24-26

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith over Fear

Hey all! Welcome back to my blog. It's been a few months, but I've had multiple people encourage me to write a blog post about wha...