Saturday, November 19, 2016

The Right Song At The Right Time

Welcome back!

     I love to write encouraging and deep posts on my FaceBook and Instagram pages. I'm not even sure why. Do I just talk too much and this is how I can share my thoughts when no one is around? Not sure, I just love to write them so I do!
     This past Summer I found the number of these posts increasing and I noticed that people really absorbed what I had to say and appreciated them. Whenever I was in the middle of a lengthy Instagram post I kept saying to myself,
     "Now, Sarah, why don't you just start a blog and you can write however much gibberish that you want to?"
     This was a reoccurring question I kept asking myself, especially when I'd sit and dwell on how I could reach more people with what I had to say. As it turns out, this is one of the main reasons I finally sat down and began this blog. I had put it off because of fear, and not believing I could do this. But I know better than to try and run away from what God wants me to do. . .
     I wrote one of my lengthy Instagram posts right after I had returned from the Challenge Conference in Louisville, Kentucky this past Summer. I was at the conference during the 4th of July and I had originally planned to post a breathtaking video of the sunset across the lake as I drove over a long bridge at night, but with everything that happened while I was there I ended up forgetting until a week later. I wanted to share my thoughts on thankfulness and a load of other deep thoughts I had at the time.
     I wanted to remind my followers that even on days besides Independence Day we need to remember to be thankful. Not just thankful for the freedom to pray publicly, but thankful for everything we've been given as humans that we will never deserve, no matter what we do or say.
     I wanted to remind everyone that, "YOU. ARE. CHOSEN." Jesus Christ did not just die a brutal death for nothing; Jesus Christ died on the cross so every single person individually could have the chance to experience eternal life with Him. Even then He knew exactly who He gave His life up for. . .
     The night I captured the video I was out for a long drive alone, listening to music and asking God, "WHY?!" Why was He giving me so much to deal with and taking things that I loved away from me? Maybe someday I'll go more into detail about everything that was going on with me, but for now I'm still working through all these crazy life changes and painful experiences with God. . . My iPod was on shuffle mode, and it was one of those "right song at the right moment" deals where as soon as I looked up at the sunset God selected a certain song to play through my car radio and it touched my heart. . . It was like God was singing it to me Himself. . . (Except it was a girl singing. . . *insert subtle cough* but that's beside the point!)
      I had taken the video of the sunset with the song playing in the background as a reminder that God uses our weakest moments to reveal the largest chunks of truth to us. . .
     God gives His toughest battles to His strongest soldiers  and He removes things from our lives to give us something even better. Nothing is too difficult or too small for God to do! He always comes through, and He always has something better in mind for us than we do. . .
     The video of the lake reminds me that sometimes, when our lives are full of crashing waves and water splashing up into your face, Jesus is looking at the overall picture and thinking, "This is going to be beautiful. . ."
     We are the same when it comes to admiring the crashing waves of the lake. Before we know it, the waters will be quiet again and all will be well. . .
     I encourage all of you, no matter where you in in your walk with God, (or even if you don't personally have one,) never wait until the storm to dive deep into the Word of God and soak in His truth! Absorb His love and faithfulness. . .
     I hope whenever you see a lake or the ocean you remember to be thankful. . . Be thankful for the freedom to pray, the unconditional love God has for all of His children, and the trials of this life that shape us into better people. . .
     My God is good all the time, and all the time He is good! 💕

     Thanks for reading,

     "We are the light of the world, and we gotta, we gotta, we gotta let the light shine!"
-We Are by Kari Jobe

     Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith over Fear

Hey all! Welcome back to my blog. It's been a few months, but I've had multiple people encourage me to write a blog post about wha...