Friday, November 18, 2016

Welcome To My Journey!

Welcome to my blog!

     Growing up I began and failed to continue many blogs. I believe those blogs never worked out because they weren't in God's plan... Lately I have been feeling God tugging on my heart to seek Him and find new ways to reach the young women I so desperately want to show God's love to. After spending time in prayer and ignoring the thought due to past failure, I've finally taken this next step towards following God's path for me.
-
-
     My story is slightly different from your typical Christian's. While I did grow up with a Christian family, I go to church every Sunday, and accepted Jesus at a young age, it wasn't until this past summer of 2016 that I truly made my faith my own. After going through many days of tragedy and pain, I began to walk farther and farther from joy and remembering my worth in Jesus. At the EFCA Challenge Conference this Summer God revealed Himself to me on a new level.
     I started out at the conference hoping I could forget about the pain at home and live a "happy" life for a week. On the contrary, God had different plans for me. That very week the pain grew very difficult for me to handle, and during one of the sessions in the middle of the week, God met me where I was at. The speaker had just stressed how important it is to realize the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead is the same Spirit that can/does live in us. It was only after that sermon that I began to view things differently...
     My God is the same God who performed all those miracles thousands of years ago, and the same God who created the world! He believed the world needed a Sarah... I began to feel overwhelmed by the power of the Holy Spirit, and for the very first time in months I felt all my stress, anxiety, and worry disappear for a few moments... In that very spot I recommitted my life to Christ and began to sob. I felt like a new Christian. I felt like I had just met Christ for the very first time. The rest of the week I absorbed the rest of the messages and took in every service project.         
     Coming home was hard, and I'll admit the fire began to burn out. Thankfully, God grabbed ahold of my heart again and I began to seek Him more and more on my own. I desire to have friends who will continue to push me towards God and remind me of my worth in Him. I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I know exactly what I am doing, but I know He is with me constantly, guiding me where He needs me to go.
-
-
Thank you for joining me, here! I hope to be back soon to write more!

"In the eye of the storm, You remain in control..."
-Eye of the Storm by Ryan Stevenson

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith over Fear

Hey all! Welcome back to my blog. It's been a few months, but I've had multiple people encourage me to write a blog post about wha...