Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Challenge Accepted!

Hey all! Welcome back to my blog!

     This morning in my devotions I was reading in 1 Corinthians 13 (the love chapter,) and I was reminded of the experiment I did in Sunday School when I was younger. Replacing "love" with my name. . . So it'd read something like "Sarah is patient. Sarah is kind." and so on.
     I keep seeing passages from this chapter everywhere, so I decided to implement that experiment to a real life challenge.
     I'm going to write the few verses from 1 Corinthians 13 on a piece of paper and place it where I'll see it regularly. My main goal in this challenge is to tackle certain parts of my life and swap out not-so-great attributes with the attributes Jesus displayed here on earth.
     Every week I'm going to do my best to place one of the qualities in the passage and implement it into my daily routine with how I treat others, how I treat myself, and how I treat my relationship with God.
    For example, one week I'll work specifically on being patient, and another week on being slow to anger.
     I believe we as Christians can never stop growing and maturing in our faith. I also believe that we should never stay quiet or still for very long. I've begun to grow comfortable in my faith and daily life, which means I need to get out there and make myself uncomfortable.
     Allow me to explain what I mean about comfortable:
     When I have grown comfortable it means I'm most likely not putting myself out in the open to witness, reach people, or live like Jesus did. When you're uncomfortable in your faith it is a good thing. Spiritual growth often stretches us and challenges us to dive deeper into our relationship with God.
     I've never done anything like this, and I encourage you to try it too or something similar! Not only will you life be blessed, the people around you will be blessed when they see the transformation taking place in your life!
     If you decided to accept this challenge I'd love to hear about it! I'll do my best to update every week on how it's going and write about my experiences.
     One other thing I feel I should mention (because some people- myself included- may try to cheat the system) is that every week you add on another trait to your life from the passage on top of the traits you've already taken on. You do not work on patience one week, watch it go to the toilet, and then give up and work on anger issues! You add one thing on top of the other to eventually have gained multiple new qualities of Jesus!
     When you feel you can read those verses in 1 Corinthians 13  with your name replacing "love", without feeling like a total liar, you're making more progress!
-
-
     I hope this challenge affects my life. When we put ourselves out there to grow in our faith, good things always can come from that. Granted it will be difficult at times, but don't let the devil win. He wants to see you give up on trying to show God's love to others more than anyone. Don't give him the benefit of the doubt; make him tremble in his own skin!
-
-
     
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."
     -Acts 4:12 NIV

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith over Fear

Hey all! Welcome back to my blog. It's been a few months, but I've had multiple people encourage me to write a blog post about wha...