Monday, March 13, 2017

I Forgot My Camera. . .

Hey all! Welcome back to my blog!

     I'm coming at you this evening from a brand new location. . . My new home starting in the fall! I've decided to leave my home state of Iowa and venture South to Missouri. Tonight we drove around the town, drove through campus, and enjoyed some classic BBQ food from a rustic restaurant! Overall, great first impression of the town!
     I'm leaving a home of 10,000 people and moving to a city with over 50,000 people, as well as hundreds of stores and restaurants. The driving is insane compared to my town, too! I am excited for the change in scenery and lifestyle, but I'm also nervous for such an instant change come move-in day.
     Tomorrow morning at 8:00 am I will be checking into the college to begin my Tuesday Tour. My ideal tour would've been private and just a few hours, but in order to be eligible for a nice-sized scholarship I'm attending what Ozark calls a Tuesday Tour. This involves taking a tour of campus, having lunch with the president, meeting with financial aid and scholarship officials, and an optional choice was to stay in the dorms overnight. I chickened out (not really) and wanted to stay in a nearby hotel so that my parents and I could be in the same space. Had I decided to stay in the dorms my parents would've had to stay at a hotel themselves. Since I'm very new to the area and don't exactly know anyone at this school I wanted to stay with my parents. In my defense, my parents know nothing about the area, either. . .
-
-
     I was all excited and ready to leave this morning, but in the excited nerves that began to arise as we packed up the van I forgot my camera to document my trip and add some much-needed photography to this blog. Oh, well. . . Next time I'm in the area I'll be sure to bring my camera! Hopefully the grass will be greener and the trees and flowers will be in bloom, too.
-
-
     In all honesty, before we left this morning I was absolutely freaked out to go on this trip. I was worried about so many different things I almost didn't want to come anymore. . .
     I've been so sure about Ozark for the longest time, but once the day finally arrived I was overcome with fear. I don't know if it was Satan trying to steer me away from enjoying my trip, guide me away from what God has planned, or if it was my reaction to following where God has been guiding me.
     I've found that when I know God is leading me to go somewhere/do something I'm willing at first, but as soon as I'm starting out something inside me wants to turn back out of fear.
     The more I think about it, it'd make sense that all that fear and sudden unsureness of moving to Missouri would've been Satan trying to steer me away from God's plan. So much has worked out for me to attend this school, and one of my best friends will be moving here in the fall, also! It wouldn't make sense that God would tell me to stay in Iowa or go somewhere else with such a minor feeling of stress and anxiety, especially after making it so clear that this school was a good match for me.
     After struggling with major depression and anxiety for the past 2 years, I'm very willing to do anything to avoid those feelings. When I began to feel that way a few days ago without knowing what it meant I began to panic inside. Was this God trying to tell me to trust Him despite Satan trying to mess with my head? That's what I've chosen to believe. . . If God was trying to tell me to change my plans I believe He would make it very well known and not mess with my head to the point of constant anxiety and inability to concentrate.
-
-
     I'll do my best to take pictures with my phone's "eh" camera tomorrow to post some pictures, including the traditional photo in front of the college sign!
     For the next few hours I'm going to enjoy sitting on my hide-a-bed in the hotel room and spend some time relaxing before my busy day tomorrow.
     Prayers would be appreciated that the weather stays nice and everyone involved within the tour is nice and all the prospective students get along and enjoy themselves.
     I'm just not looking forward to the 6 hour drive home tomorrow night. . . It'll all be worth it in the end!

     "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power."
-Ephesians 6:10 NIV

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith over Fear

Hey all! Welcome back to my blog. It's been a few months, but I've had multiple people encourage me to write a blog post about wha...