Friday, June 2, 2017

Living the Aunt Life- Kisses and Smooches

     Hey all! Welcome back to my blog!

     As I write this post I am excited to announce I am officially an aunt! Aunt Sarah- has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
     A week or 2 ago my older sister gave birth to her first born baby, a little boy she and Justin named Jonas Richard after my late grandpa Richard.
     He's a little nugget of cuddles and I love to give him multiple kisses and smooches on his adorably fuzzy head.
      Kidlet and I totally have to be quick on our feet if we want a chance to hold baby JT.
 
      I was pretty chill about meeting baby JT when I walked into the hospital room where he was, but once I got him in my arms I got this dorky smile on my face and I instantly wanted to smother him in kisses and cuddles. That's normal, right. . .?
     This lil' nugget has my whole heart! He's so sweet and innocent and I pray he grows up knowing he is loved and cherished- not only by those in his family but by His Father who created him and "knit him together in his mothers womb" Psalm 139:13.
     When I look at Jonas I'm in awe of the God in Heaven who created this piece of wonder. I think of those 9 months and 7 days he spent curled up in his mommas belly, being molded into the tiny human he came into the world as.
     I remember thinking to myself while Emily was pregnant, "I can't believe there's a baby in her tummy!" I'd seen many mothers before, obviously, but now it was totally new to me and I was so frightened to touch her belly before he was born. There was a real life thing in there and it was kind of weird, if I'm totally honest!
-
-
     All in all, I've caught the fever and I'm waiting patiently for my turn to welcome a precious life into this world with my husband and hold him in my arms in the middle of the night. Life truly is a gift and little JT reminds me of this!

Sarah

     "Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation."
-1 Peter 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith over Fear

Hey all! Welcome back to my blog. It's been a few months, but I've had multiple people encourage me to write a blog post about wha...